Q. Why are you using the Waves platform and not Ethereum?
After investigating Ethereum, I found that it was much too complicated for the average user. And the wallet requires you to download the whole multi-GB blockchain, which can take forever. Waves, on the other hand, has a simple online wallet available, doesn't need the whole blockchain, and supports a decentralized token exchange right from the start.
Q. What are these tokens really?
Each token represents a share of ownership of the game Shadow Era, the digital assets, intellectual property, and physical card inventory. There are 10,000,000 tokens in total. Besides being publicly tradable, players get many benefits and rewards from being token holders. However, digital tokens are not shares in a company nor are they financial securities. There will be a trust company to manage the assets and bank accounts, and the Board of Directors will be directing the development and token holders will vote on major decisions.
Q. Why should I buy Shadow Tokens?
As an investor, buying tokens is a great opportunity to make money if you believe the price of tokens will rise in the future. As a player, you'll have a chance to get involved in the game and earn many rewards.
Q. How will token holders link them to their Shadow Era account?
In order to receive rewards in the game, we have to know your daily balance of tokens. We can verify ownership of your Waves address in one of three ways:
- Keep your "easy buy" tokens with us, or deposit your tokens into our account. You can withdraw them at any time.
- Use the Waves wallet that is automatically generated for you in-game.
- Import your external Waves wallet into the game using the interface on the Shadow Tokens screen.
Q. How is the price of the tokens determined?
The tokens are available for purchase on the Waves DEX and the Yobit exchange. Since the tokens are traded on an open market, the price is determined by the demand.
- The number of tokens purchased with the "easy buy" option is determined by the current market price at the time of purchase.
- As an open market, other people are free to create buy and sell orders at whatever prices they want.